Search Currents Currents Archives Contact Currents UC Santa Cruz Home Page
Currents Online


Printer cartridge, cell phone recycling made easy

Those wondering what to do with used printer cartridges and cell phones can now get rid of them easily--and help a good cause.

Child Care Services takes in old cartridges and cell phones as a fundraiser. The cartridges and cell phones may be placed in an interoffice envelope, if they are small, and sent to Child Care Services, 599 Koshland Way, in Family Student Housing. Larger items may be placed in a box for Campus Mail and addressed to Child Care Services.

Child Care Services is funded in part by California Department of Education grants for low income families with children, federal funds to support student families, registration fee funding, and Student Affairs funds. These sources, however, do not cover the full cost of the programs.

Information on the child care, the recycling program, and other fundraising efforts is available at the Child Care Services web site, by e-mailing Luisana Victorica at, or calling (831) 459-2967.

Return to Front Page